AAUW Anne Arundel County Branch
To support the AAUW mission of advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, and research.
- To promote membership growth by increasing branch visibility.
- Tap local colleges (through orientations, job fairs, mentoring opportunities, and other forms of relationship building) to increase awareness of the chapter and to recruit prospective members.
- Enhance branch publicity through feature articles and notices of upcoming events.
- Expand use of branch website and other social media to provide communication with members and potential members in the community.
- To support education for all women and girls through use of technology and educational programs, such as Start Smart, training on use of the Maryland Legislative Website, etc.
- Foster member use of the national website to keep informed of the organization’s mission, current issues, and accomplishments.
- Present a STEM program for girls in Anne Arundel County in 2019 to increase girls’ and young women’s awareness of technical careers and opportunities.
- Support branch interest groups for mission activities and personal enrichment, including book discussions, Great Decisions, bridge, etc.
- Increase support for legislation that will benefit women and children, both in Maryland and nationally.
- Encourage member participation in support of proposals backed by AAUW.
- Encourage active participation in branch and state Public Policy activities.
- Increase fundraising activities to enhance scholarships and branch initiatives.